If you are interested in selling your Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, or Palos Verdes area home, then you’ve definitely come to the right place. I specialize in these cities for conventional home sales, and in these cities plus the cities of Lawndale, Hawthorne, Torrance, Hermosa Beach, and Gardena for short sale listings.
For standard sales, I:
- Provide my “Fabulous Service, Fabulous Results” philosophy.
- Ensure that your most important asset is correctly prepared, staged, photographed, and marketed.
- Get your home sold quickly, without hassle, and for top dollar.
- Provide you with all the information you need so that you can work with me to make informed decisions about how to position your home in the ever-changing market.
- Provide weekly updates on marketing activity, showings, showing feedback, and any other critical activity in order to help you get the home into escrow.
- Provide expert negotiation support and advice, buyer screening to ensure their ability to perform, and strategic advice for dealing with multiple offers.
- Perform many detailed activities during escrow, such as managing appraisal challenges, ensuring that inspections are done in a professional manner, negotiating repairs, and keeping constant pulse on the lender activity to ensure an on-time close.
When working short sales, I provide this same level of service but also:
- Provide negotiations with the lender or lenders to stay on the foreclosure date.
- Try to ensure that a successful short sale approval is obtained.
- Work with your accountant, tax attorney, and other key professionals to make sure that you understand all the implications of the deal that the bank proposes and are able to move on to the next phase of your life and leave the unpleasantness of the short sale behind.
- Promise NEVER to judge you about this; our economy has hit many people very hard and there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of if you need to arrange a short sale.
Come talk to me and let me show you the difference my Fabulous Service can provide! You can read more about what my past clients say at my Testimonials page as well.
Staging is the art of arranging a home so that it shows off its best features, overcomes its problem areas, and seems as inviting as those homes everyone sees on HGTV makeover shows. Ideally, your home should look like a magazine home so that buyers get excited, “mentally move-in”, and feel that they simply MUST make an offer on such an attractive home. I am an Accredited Home Staging professional and am often able to “fluff up” your own belongings to give your home that just staged look. I keep a moderate inventory of staging items and accessories including bedding, furniture, artwork, and other decorative accessories. Depending upon the price point and the size of the home, this may be enough. Larger homes or more luxurious homes will need the services of a professional stager. I work with several local stagers to stage these more elaborate homes; expect to pay from $2000 to $15,000 for a two month staging, with longer periods costing more. However, a staged house, in my opinion and that of several studies, will ALWAYS sell more quickly and for a higher price than similar unstaged homes.
Depending upon the price point and size and condition of the home, I may take my own photos with professional grade equipment, including Nikon cameras and lenses, professional tripods and lighting such as bounce flashes, and using photoshop editing to reduce wide angle lens parallax and distortion. For more luxurious homes or those with architectural features that really call out for special treatment, I have a number of professional photographers on speed dial and I provide the photo shoot as part of my listing services.
Every home gets its own personalized website and virtual tour. These tours are posted to YouTube, Craigslist, and Facebook along with the MLS and listing syndicators to ensure that today’s video-craving consumer sees your home and gets excited by it.
Provided you are amenable, I hold several special open houses, including a Brokers Open House where lunch is served and the local agents are all invited to preview the home when it first hits the market — this ensures maximum exposure to the agents who bring buyers for you. I also start out our first weekend on the market with a “Mega Open House” including a sneak preview with brunch for all the neighbors; you never know when they know someone who has been dying to live in your neighborhood! I do lots of social media advertising and also door knock, send postcards, and selective mailings and e-mailings to our database and the neighborhood around your home.
I am an e-Pro and ensures that your listing gets maximum exposure to “Casper” (ghost) buyers who tour your home on the internet before ever getting into their car. I get preferred placement on Zillow, Realtor.com, & Trulia, and syndicate your listing through multiple points to numerous other sites, including RE/MAX.com of course, EPLA.com, Yahoo real estate, AOL real estate, Google+, Facebook, etc, leading up to hundreds of thousands of views of your home in a short time period. Here is where the high quality photography and virtual tour also come into play — this is the way to get those “Caspers” to show their friendly faces in person at your home.
My systematic approach to getting the word out includes a Constant Contact email blast to all the local top agents, along with “sneak previews” on special Facebook groups and a special email channel for top local Realtors only.
I have found that (except for extreme luxury homes that require a large magazine spread and other print advertising in order to be seen by the movers and shakers), print advertising rarely leads to calls or buyers. I do use extremely high quality flyers and postcards to let the neighborhood know and to give buyers a wonderful luxury impression of your home — even if it is a small starter home.
I am a member of the Central Regional Multiple Listing Service, CRMLS, that services most of Southern California and about 50,000 agents. I ensure that all the details of your listing are accurately loaded to the MLS so that someone searching for a property with your homes amenities is sure to find it. I am also strategic about WHEN we hit the MLS and what kind of pre-marketing I do before the big reveal, so that there is generally a “buzz” about your property and agents are already starting to tell their buyers about your home.